Updating assemblyinfo forign dating sites

What I did then was to simply create a copy of that file and placed that in a file named and then edited the script using Visual Studio 2010 to have the contents below. I then opened the file in notepad and it looked normal.So I edited it it notpad, saved it and the result was still the same.We are listening to that channel so please do submit your feedback. This was really annoying to me until I find out what was happening.I noticed that Visual Studio (2010 at least, but I think previous version as well but not sure) was changing the encoding of my files to be UTF-8!Since then I’ve received numerous requests to demonstrate how the transforms can be kicked in from a CI server.It’s actually pretty easy because all the logic from a transform perspective is contained inside of MSBuild tasks/targets.For example consider this simple script (sample.cmd) that I created with Notepad.

updating assemblyinfo-47updating assemblyinfo-53updating assemblyinfo-34

After you do the following changes are applied to your project file.

The encoding for the file was set to ANSI and for UTF-8. So I switched the setting for the file to ANSI, executed the script and all was good!

I’m not sure why Visual Studio is changing the encoding for these files, but it looks like a bug to me.

For the latest info here and for discussion please visit https://github.com/sayedihashimi/slow-cheetah/issues/158.

I first developed Slow Cheetah around VS2010 SP2 with the idea that I could at some point transition this to the appropriate team(s) at Microsoft.